Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Halloween Wishes

There are so many fun fall / Halloween challenges going on right now so I couldn't resist joining in on some of the fun. I have a smattering of festive, Halloween cards to share with you today.

For this card, I cut my door using a landscape edge die from WPlus 9 and stamped the woodgrain using MFT's Woodgrain Background stamp to create my door. The black cat was cut using Top Dog Dies, Cool Cats. You'll be seeing him in all of these cards today as I just couldn't put it down. The wreath is from SSS Fall Wreaths and the pumpkin is from MFT's Primitive Pumpkins set. The sentiment banner is part of the cool cats die set on which I heat embossed the sentiment in white.


On this card I blended some Ranger Distress Inks in Peacock Feather, Concord Grape and Black Soot to create the background, after masking in the moon using Lemonade and Mustard seed. The fence and cat are both die cut and the sentiment is from MFT's Primitive Pumpkins, heat embossed in white.

After die cutting a circle from the center of my black panel, I added yellow behind to make the moon. The branch is from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps Love Birds set and the Cool Cat from Top Dog Dies.

And the last card uses both cat images from the Cool Cats set.

I'll be entering one of these cards into the following challenges:
The Paper Players
V's Sweet Ideas
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Sisterhood Of Crafters

Thanks so much for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

5 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG these are all so cute! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘PUMPKIN PATCH’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Terri's Cards N More said...

Such fun, cute cards. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Pumpkin Patch" challenge.

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, cute cards Birgit. You are definitely all set for Halloween! I love all of them, but really, REALLY like the 2nd one with that amazing background...I may have to CASE that one! And your cards remind me that I have some cat silhouette stamps somewhere that I need to dig out...thanks for the reminder!! :0)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all wonderful!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Oh boy! If there's one thing I love more than seeing ONE fabulous card, it's seeing several! This was so fun to see all the different ways that you incorporated cats into your cards! I have to admit that I have a rough history with cats in real life, but I love your card cats! On the first card, I thought it was so clever of you to make a little doorway scene and that wood-grain backdrop is perfect! On the second card, that spattered night sky is GORGEOUS (I'd buy it if it was wallpaper)! You made the third card stunning with only two colors (that's impressive) and of course, the fourth card has that fabulous heart-warming factor. You've outdone yourself this time and I enjoyed each and every one of these so much! Thanks for sharing these with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!