Thursday, October 13, 2016

Playing Along with Merry Monday ~ Vintage / Retro Christmas

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to play along with this week's Merry Monday Christmas Challenge as it's a vintage / retro theme and I just adore anything vintage!!
Here's my card:

I started by stamping a Christmas Script background on water color card stock, using a stamp from Sweet N' Sassy Stamps and then did some ink blending using distress inks.  I used PTI's Out On A Limb to stamp the tree branch by inking up the stamp and then spritzing it with water.  I then did the same type of stamping using the pine sprigs from Bells & Boughs.  I stamped and die cut the vintage bells from Bells & Boughs and added them to the card front.  The greeting is also from Bells & Boughs and was stamped using Versamark ink and heat embossed in gold.  

I'll also be adding this card to the following challenges:

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Your comments are always much appreciated.  Blessings~ Birgit

14 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I was SO hoping you'd play along with this challenge as I knew it was right up your alley Birgit! FABULOUS card and I love how you did the soft scripted background and then the water colored boughs and pines...such a beautiful backdrop for your lovely Christmas bells! Lovely, lovely card my friend, and thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0) (I love saying that!!)

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Birgit said...

This is really pretty. I love the background a lot and the bells just clang into action against the background

Colleen said...

Awesome card, Birgit...I love everything you used and how you layered it all...fantastic! Thank you for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Joyce said...

I just knew you would play along with this challenge (and likely win it too!) Lovely vintage card, and I really like those bells.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty card Birgit. Love the bell ornaments and the script background... the coloring looks great

Marybeth said...

Such a beautiful card Brigit! Love the bells and script in the background! You nailed it!

Marybeth said...

I just added my tag to MM, I think its vintage ... thanks!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love your wordy stamped background. Love the greenery boughs and holly berries too! And that bell is so beautiful!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

You definitely got the vintage look as you wanted.......the choice of colors is amazing. Love the pine branches in two different greens and the stamping on your background.

Kara Lynne said...

Those bells are wonderfully vintage! I love the watercolored boughs with them!

Linda said...

Birgit, this is such a pretty vintage card. Love the script, and boughs and those bells. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Nancy Penir said...

Birgit, your card reminds me of the cards my mom and day would get at Christmas! So delightfully vintage, love the bells, and the way you treated the bg. Gorgeous!!!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful card! I love the watercolor in the background and the way these bells pop!